- Coconut oil
- Red chilli
- Ground Cumin
- Ground Coriander
- Smoked paprika
- Cardamom pods
- Cinnamon Stick
- Curry leaves
- Coconut cream
- Chicken stock
- Peel and chop the onion, ginger and garlic then mix together in a bowl, add the chicken and continue to mix then set to one side for 20 minutes.
- Heat two tablespoons of coconut oil in a saucepan on medium heat, add the chicken and cook for a few minutes on each side.
- Add more oil to the pan along with the chilli, spices, curry leaves and the onion marinade then fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the stock and coconut cream then reduce the heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes on a low heat (add excess water if required).
- Remove the cover from the pan, stir the mixture and then simmer for a further 20 minutes.
- Add the cashew nuts and divide into separate bowl to serve, garnish as desired.