Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Serves: Serves 6
1. Peel and finely slice the shallots, garlic and ginger. Trim and finely slice the chilli. Cut the fish into chunks.
2. Heat the ground nut oil in a large pan, add the mustard seeds and curry leaves and cook until the seeds start to pop.
3. Add the shallot, garlic, ginger and chilli, and cook on a medium heat for five minutes, until softened.
4. Mix together the chilli powder and turmeric with a splash of water, then add to the pan. Fry for a minute, then add the fish, coconut milk and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper then simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Divide into bowls, garnish with coriander leaves then serve with basmati rice and warm naan bread.